Hello, I am sure you are here because you want to know how to boil beef. This tutorial will teach you how to boil meat whether it is for your personal consumption or for your pet.
You will be guaranteed flavourful, tender and juicy meat at all times. This method can be used for ground beef as well.
Why do you need to boil meat and what are the benefits
- It is simple and effortless to make
- You can season the beef according to taste
- The beef would retain its natural flavor, thanks to the slow and long cooking process. More importantly, it will be easier to eat especially when cooked until tender.
- Boiled meat stores well in the fridge and freezer
- Beef is high in protein and healthy if eaten in moderation.
- It is a 2-in-1 recipe, you get tender and delicious meat with the most flavourful beef stock you can ever make.
Tools you will need
Large cooking pot
Sharp knife: you will need this to cut the beef into chunks or cubes if it has not been done already.
Boiled meat seasoning ingredients
Meat: I used shin beef for this recipe but you can use any cut and type of beef you want.
Salt and peppercorn
Herbs: tarragon and oregano
Fresh garlic and ginger; the ginger is optional
How to boil beef
Rinse the beef in cold water and place it into a pot
Add chopped onions, garlic, ginger, dried tarragon, oregano, peppercorn, and salt, add bay leaves. Mix all to combine and bring to a boil on medium heat for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, check on the meat for tenderness then top with another 1 cup of water, give it another stir and continue to boil on medium-low heat until the meat is soft and tender.
Turn off the heat and carefully remove the meat from the stock using a tong. Sieve the beef stock and use it in other dishes or leave it to cool completely and store in the fridge for up to 3 days or 6 months in the freezer.
Boiled beef can be used as it is, it can be fried, grilled, or air-fried. Enjoy!
How to store
If you do boil your meat so you can use it later, leave it to cool completely and transfer it into an airtight container. Store it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To extend the life of your meat, you may freeze it for up to 6 months or more at your discretion.
PS: you can also store the beef stock as mentioned above
How long to boil beef
This will depend on the size and cut of meat, typically, it takes between 30 minutes or even longer. The most important thing is to boil the meat on low medium heat and until it is tender.
Can I add carrots and celery to boil the meat
Yes, you can boil the beef with carrots and celery.
What is boiling beef used for
It is versatile, you can eat it as it is, use it for stews, stock, casserole, shred to use in tacos or burritos.
More how-to-boil recipes
I hope you found this article on "how to boil meat" helpful, if you did, don't forget to leave feedback and save it to your Pinterest.
Boiled Beef (How to Boil Beef)
- cooking pot with a lid
- 2 pounds meat I used shin beef for this recipe but you can use any cut and type of beef you want.
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn
- ½ teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon ginger it is optional
- Water you may need up to 4 cups
- Salt to taste.
- Carefully rinse the beef under cold running water and place it into a pot
- Add chopped onions, garlic, ginger (if using), dried tarragon, oregano, peppercorn, salt, and add bay leaves to the beef and mix all to combine. Add 1 cup of water, partially place the lid on the pot, and bring to a boil on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, check on the meat and remove any foamy scum off the meat, top with another 2-3 cups of water, give it a stir and continue to boil on medium-low heat until the meat is soft and tender.
- Turn off the heat and carefully remove the meat from the stock using a tong. Sieve the beef stock and use it in other dishes or leave it to cool completely and store in the fridge for up to 3 days or 6 months in the freezer.
- Boiled beef can be used as it is in stews, casserole, tacos e.t.c, it can be fried, grilled, or air-fried. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply