Learn how to saute zucchini on the stove in easy steps. This is an easy and simple recipe for the best way to cook zucchini that is tender and flavourful.
This recipe may also be made with other summer squash, but keep in mind that they should be cut into similar sizes for uniform cooking.
How to cook Zucchini on the stove
Are you looking for a quick and easy way to prepare zucchini? Sauteeing is an inexpensive cooking method that can produce delicious results. If you are in need of some side dish ideas, here's a simple sauteed zucchini recipe you and your family would love. It will provide you with just the right amount of crunch and flavor that you're looking for.
Sauteed zucchini is a simple dish that only requires a few ingredients and just 15 minutes to prepare on the stove and that includes prepping time. When it comes to cooking vegetables, this is one of the quickest and easiest ways to cook zucchini.
This tasty dish goes well with many types of meat like chicken and pork.
Why you will love this recipe
- Very quick and easy to prepare.
- Zucchini is nutrient-dense and one of the healthiest vegetables to incorporate into your diet.
- Delicious side dish for meats, chicken, pork and it is good on its own as a snack or appetizer.
- Budget-friendly and you will only need a few fresh ingredients to make this delicious sauteed zucchini recipe on the stove.
This sauteed zucchini recipe is
gluten-free, low calorie, vegan-friendly dairy-free if you swap the butter for a plant-based one or omit completely.
What you will need to make sauteed zucchini
Butter: I used slightly salted butter, you can use unsalted butter if you prefer
Olive oil: substitute with any other flavorless cooking oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Fresh garlic chopped
Parmesan cheese: this is optional as a squeeze of freshly squeezed lemon juice would work great too.
How to make this sauteed zucchini recipe on the stove
Firstly, wash and pat the zucchini dry with a kitchen towel then cut into desired sizes and shapes.
heat up the butter and olive oil in a skillet or pan over medium heat, add the sliced zucchini and leave undisturbed for 2 minutes or just until it is browed, and add the chopped garlic.
Sautee for around 3-5 minutes until the zucchini are tender stirring often.
season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Take it off the heat then transfer unto to a plate to stop it from cooking further. sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on the sauteed vegetable and serve. Enjoy!
How long does sauteed zucchini last in the refrigerator?
The dish can be stored for up to 3 days in the fridge stored in an airtight container. I wouldn't recommend storing cooked zucchini because it would affect the texture and taste.
What to serve it with
This dish goes well with simply grilled or baked meat or chicken, you can prepare it and toss it into pasta for a low-carb meal. It is great as a snack by itself and you may also prepare this dish to pair with your favorite salad for an easy boost of nutrition and flavor.
How to choose zucchini
When choosing zucchini, you want to make sure that the skin is vibrant green and the florets are not wilted or wrinkled. If there are any brown spots or soft areas, it should be discarded.
Make sure the squash is firm and does not have any bruises on it. If you can find unblemished zucchini that are firm, then the dish will taste better since there is less exposure to air.
How long to saute zucchini and squash?
You can saute zucchini and other types of squash together. The cooking time may differ depending on the type of squash you are using. You will need to make sure that they are al dente before removing them from the heat sources.
Do you peel zucchini before cooking?
No, you don't need to peel zucchini before cooking since the skin is packed with nutrients that you don't want to miss out on. Make sure you wash the vegetable clean before cooking
How long does zucchini take to cook
Depending on the cooking method and the size you cut the zucchini, it might take from 4 to 6 minutes to cook on a stovetop. Baked zucchini will cook between 15 to 30 minutes depending on the temperature of your oven.
Will this recipe work with zucchini noodles
Yes, the flavors will work well with zoodles, however, zucchini noodles cook faster, start checking for doneness from 2 minutes
More related posts
I hope you enjoyed this zucchini side dish recipe, if you like it please share the love by sharing with your family and friends. Thanks for stopping by.
How To Saute Zucchini (How To Cook Zucchini)
- 2 medium sized zucchini
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil substitute with any other flavorless cooking oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh garlic chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Firstly, wash and pat the zucchini dry with a kitchen towel then cut into desired sizes and shapes.
- Heat up the butter and olive oil in a skillet or pan over medium heat, add the sliced zucchini and leave undisturbed for 2 minutes or just until it is browed, and add the chopped garlic.
- Sautee for around 3-5 minutes until the zucchini are tender stirring often.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Take it off the heat then transfer unto to a plate to stop it from cooking further. sprinkle grated parmesan cheese or lemon juice on the sauteed vegetable and serve. Enjoy!